How can you give feedback?
Giving and receiving feedback can play an important part in developing your work in a portfolio.
For example, your tutor may ask you to share or submit Pages so they can provide feedback. But it's also possible for anyone who is a member of studentfolio to add feedback on your Page.
- You can give feedback on an individual page someone has shared with you.
- And where they have allowed feedback.
- By default Pages allow feedback.
Feedback comment access
When feedback is placed on a page it can either be:
- Public: comments marked as 'public' are visible to anyone with whom you have chosen to share your page. For example if your page is shared with an instructor and you have chosen to share it with a fellow student, then both your instructor and the student will see the feedback comments.
- Private [public box is unchecked]: if the public box is un-checked then comments will only be visible by the person who owns the page and the person who placed the comment.
These are options that the person who adds the feedback to a page can select.
Allow and disallow comments on pages you create
Go to Portfolio > Pages and click to edit a page.
In the 'Share page' options of any page you create 'comments' are enabled by default.
You can find options related to comments in the collapsible 'Advanced options' area of the 'Share page settings.
If you would like to disallow comments, change the Allow comments setting to No the box and 'Save' your changes.
Please note: do not disallow feedback/comments on pages where a tutor will be entering feedback. However, you may choose to disallow comments on pages produced for other purposes, for example, if you are creating a page specifically for an employer to view.
You also have the option of moderating your comments, which mean you can keep any comments private until you have approved them, this is another good option for public or employer-facing pages.
Add Comments/Feedback to a Page
To add comments to a page:
Scroll down to the Comments area shown at the bottom of page. This will open the feedback area.
- Type your feedback in the Message box provided.
- Decide if you want to Make public the feedback. Keep the settings as Yes if you want anyone with access to the page to read your feedback. Un-tick the box to make it private; seen by the page author only. Please keep the setting as Yes if your portfolio is an assessed piece of work.
- Attach file - You can attach a file or files to the feedback. (Click the Add button to attach another file.)
- Click the Comment button to publish your feedback to the page.
Note: If the page author has enable Comment Moderation on the page, your feedback will not be viewable until they have approved it.
- Comments are seen at the bottom of the page in date order. As the author of the comment you can either Edit or Delete the comment.