Copying one of your own pages
Occasionally you may need to take a copy of one of your existing pages. You can now do this in-page. To copy a page you need to:
- Access the page you want to copy from Portfolio > Pages
- Open the page by clicking the page title
- Click on the 'Copy' button
- Enter your new page's title and a description
- Click 'save' at the bottom of the page
- You now have a copy of your original page which you can start editing
- The copied page is also saved to your Portfolio > Pages section
Copying a Group Page (Template)
As part of your assignment, you may be asked to produce a page based on a particular layout and place holders for you to add your content (template). These will be made available in a Group.
These pages can be copied using the same method for copying personal pages, if you know the page title or author (which will be the name of the group) to search for via Portfolio > Pages > Search.
You can also click the 'Copy a page' button from the Portfolio > Pages > Search screen:
Now search for the page template using the Group name or module code:
If the template appears in the search results, click the 'copy' icon to the right of the template name:
Now retitle your copy of the Page template, ideally including your name in order for your tutor to easily identify it as your work. Click 'Save' at the bottom of the Page copy. This new version is now saved to your Portfolio for you to work on and add your own content.
Alternatively, you can copy a Page from within a Group in which you are enrolled if your tutor has enabled this. The following describes how you would copy a Page from a Group 'About' page.
- Enter the Group you need from the list of 'My Groups' in the right-hand Personal Panel on the Dashboard.
- From the About page, access the 'Pages' tab.
- Click on the Copy Page icon next to the Page title.
- The copied page's Title and Description section opens. Enter a new Name for the copied Page and click 'Save'.
- A copy of the Page is placed in your Portfolio > Pages section.