The Share/Edit access screen allows you to choose who can see your page or collection.
Remember to click Save at the bottom of the screen to keep any changes you make.
a. The Collection or Page you are sharing is shown at the top of the page. You can add more collections and pages use the search box.
Be aware: If you select a Collection, the access permissions you give will be automatically applied to the pages that are part of that collection.
Click the Share with.. drop down to see the list of access options:
b. Search for
- Friends - Anyone you have accepted as a Friend in studentfolio.
- Groups - Share with any group in studentfolio. Be aware - by default, sharing content with a group gives ALL users in that group permission to see your page/collection. See below how to edit this.
- Users - Search for a specific user in the system
- Public - This makes your page public and searchable via search engines. Anyone who knows the URL or searches the web can see the page (they will not require a login to see the page).
- Registered users - this shares your page/collection with all users of studentfolio with a University account.
- Friends - Shares with all users you have accepted as a Friend in studentfolio.
d. Groups: This lists the groups you are a member of. Be aware - by default, sharing content with a group gives ALL users in that group permission to see your page/collection. See below how to edit this.
When sharing with groups you can then select who will have access to your page:
- Everyone in group: All users enrolled in this group
- Admin: The group administrators (usually course tutors)
- Member: This is usually the students in the group
- Tutor: Usually course tutors
Click the Save button to keep the changes.
Once you have given people or groups access to a page or collection, who has access is listed under the heading Shared with on the Edit access screen.
From here you can:
a. Control the length of time those you've added have access to a page or collection.
Click the Calendar icon beside the From: and To: boxes to enter a Date/Time.
b. Click the Delete button next to a particular person or group to remove their access rights.