Create a Plan
The Plans tool allows you to set up a simple task or 'to do' list. A plan can consist of a number of individual tasks with associated completion dates. It is then possible to tick off your tasks when you complete them. Plans can also be added to Pages.
Plans are are useful for:
- Setting individual goals.
- Personal development planning.
- Managing a series of tasks for a personal project or activity.
- Keeping track of your progress.
- Demonstrating to others how you have planned and met your targets.
Create a New Plan
To find Plans, go to Content > Plans.
Click the New Plan button.
Give the Plan a Title.
And enter a Description for the plan. Optional. (This is shown when you select a plan for inclusion on a Page.)
Add any Tags (keywords). These can be used to help find your plan later on if you search for it. Separate each tag with a comma.
Click the Save Plan button.
You can now add Tasks to your Plan.
To add a Task to a Plan you have just created, click on Add Task.
To add a Task to an existing plan:
Go to Content > Plans, and click on the Title of the Plan and then click on New Task.
Go to Content > Plans, and click on the Manage Tasks icon next to the title of the Plan.
In the New Task screen:
1. Enter a Title for the task
2. Set a Completion Date. Click the Calendar icon to choose a date. (This is a required field.)
3. Enter a Description of the task if more detail is needed.
4. Add any Tags (keywords). These can be used to help find your plan later on if you search for it. Separate each tag with a comma.
5. Check the tick box next to Completed once you have finished the task.
6. Click Save Task.
Note: Repeat the process to add as many tasks to a plan as you need.
Edit your Plan:
Go to Content > Plans.
Any Plans you have created will be listed.
A. Click the Edit icon to change Title or Description of a Plan.
B. Click the Manage icon or click the Title of the Plan to open the Task list. You can then edit existing tasks or add new tasks.
C. Click the Delete icon to remove your plan. (This is permanent and cannot be undone.)
Edit and Add Tasks:
Within a Plan your existing tasks will be listed.
A. Click the New Task button to add another task.
B. Click the Edit icon to change the details of a task (e.g. edit Title, Description, Completion Date or mark the task a Completed.)
C. Click the Delete icon to remove your task list. (This is permanent and cannot be undone.)
When looking at your tasks in a plan, you can see:
1. A green tick under the Completed column beside the task, if you have completed it.
2. A red warning sign under the Completed column beside the task, if the completion date has been missed. The task background is also highlighted in red.
Note: If your plan has been added to a page this information is also shown.